- RuneScape uses the British convention for floor numbering: ground floor, first floor (immediately above the ground floor), second floor, etc.
The RuneScape Classic bank is divided into 4 pages, each holding up to 48 items. In total, 192 different items can be stored in a player's bank.
Players first learn about how to use a bank on Tutorial Island, where a section of the tutorial is dedicated to walking a player through depositing and withdrawing items.
In RSC, only one player can talk to a non-player character at a time. Because talking to a banker is required to access your bank account, banking can be difficult in busier areas of the game. Once the player reaches the banking interface, another player can then talk to that banker.
- Al Kharid
- East Ardougne North
- East Ardougne South
- Falador East
- Falador West
- The Grand Tree (1st floor[, southwest) ]
- Mage Arena
- Seer's Village
- Shantay Pass (the fastest accessed bank; the only bank chest in the game)
- Shilo Village
- Tree Gnome Stronghold (staffed by Gnome bankers)
- Varrock East
- Varrock West
- Upon release in 23 January 2001, only coins could be banked.
- In 30 January 2001, guards started being placed in Varrock to withdraw money more safely. The concept of guards would apply to Varrock and future banks, just before the Wilderness got implemented.
- In 12 June 2001 it became possible to deposit 1000 coins at a time at the bank.
- In 26 July 2001, banks were reworked to be able to store any item and not just coins. Users could store up to 48 distinct items with a maximum limit of 16 million items per stack.
- In 21 February 2002, a second bank page was added, allowing up to 96 distinct items to be stored.
- In 7 May 2003, members had available 4x48 bank pages, being able to store up to 192 distinct items. This would set the cap in RSC's history.
- In the re-opening of RSC in 2009, "withdraw-x" and "deposit-x" options were added to the bank's interface, making withdrawing and depositing items faster.