|This section or article is incomplete and could do with improvement.|
Reason: Possibly missing some bubble cases
You can discuss this issue on the talk page or this page to improve it.
They are almost always the same as an item's icon.
Bubbles appear for the following actions:
- Cooking - the food appears after it is used on a range or fire
- Crafting - a gold bar appears and a silver bar appears when crafting with gold or silver
- Firemaking - a tinderbox, when it is used with logs lying on the ground
- Fishing - a fishing rod or other fishing equipment, when fishing at a fishing spot
- Mining - a pickaxe, after clicking on a rock
- Smelthing - ore, when it is used with a furnace
- Smithing - a bar, when it is used with an anvil
- Woodcutting - an axe, after clicking on a tree or machette after clicking on Jungle
- Using grain on a hopper - a grain, after adding it to the hopper
- Getting milk - an empty bucket appears after it is used on the cow
- Creating Onion Mixture - an onion after adding it to a bowl
- Creating Tomato Mixture - a tomato after adding it to a bowl
- Creating Onion and Tomato Mixture - an onion or tomato depending on which you add to complete
- Creating Onion and Tomato and Ugthanki Mix - a cooked ugthanki meat after adding it to the Onion and Tomato Mixture
- Baking Pitta Bread - an Uncooked Pitta Bread when it is used on a range
- Cooking Tasty Ugthanki Kebab - A Pitta Bread when it is used on a Onion and Tomato and Ugthanki Mix or vice versa
- Baking bread - a bread dough when it is used on a range
- Baking pizza - an Uncooked Pizza when it is used on a range
- Baking pie - an uncooked pie when it is used on a range
- Cooking stew - a stew when it is being cooked on a range
- Cooking Curry - a Curry when it is being cooked on a range
- Moulding Gianne dough - a Gianne dough when moulded
- Baking Gnomebatta dough or Batta - a Gnomebatta dough when it is used on a range
- Baking Gnomebowl - a Gnomebowl when it is used on a range
- Baking Crunchies - a Gnomecrunchie dough when it is used on a range
- Burning meat (intentionally) - Cooked Meat when using meat on a range or fire.
- Moulding soft clay - soft clay when used on a Potter's wheel
- Firing bowl - an unfired bowl after firing it at a Pottery oven
- Firing pie dish - an unfired pie dish after firing it at a Pottery oven
- Firing pot - an unfired pot after firing it at a Pottery oven
- Cutting an uncut opal - a chisel or the uncut opal, depending which one was used first even if the result is a crushed gemstone
- Using shears on sheep - shears, even if wool is not obtained
- Spinning flax - flax, when it is used with a spinning wheel
- Spinning wool - wool, when it is used with a spinning wheel
- Cooking seaweed on range - a seaweed, producing soda ash
- Using either sand or soda ash on a furnace, whilst having both in inventory - a bucket of sand or soda ash, depending which one was used
- Searching the Trawler catch - a net
- Grinding bat bones or a lump of charcoal - shows pestle and mortar
- Using unfinished guam potion on Jangerberries - shows the unfinished guam potion to get unfinished ogre potion
- Using unfinished ogre potion on ground bat bones - shows the unfinished ogre potion
- Using Jangerberries on unfinished guam potion - shows the jangerberries to get unfinished ogre potion
- Adding ground bat bones to unfinished ogre potion - shows the ground bat bones
- Using Ammonium Nitrate on nitroglycerin - shows the Ammonium Nitrate to produce mixed chemicals (2 chemicals)
- Using ground charcoal on mixed chemicals (2 chemicals) - shows the ground charcoal to produce mixed chemicals (3 chemicals)
- Using arcenia root on mixed chemicals (3 chemicals) - shows the arcenia root to produce explosive compound
- Using Bat bones on the Pestle and mortar to grind them - shows the bones
- Drinking - Beer, Dwarven Stout, (half) Wine, Tea, or Chocolaty milk
- Eating a Tasty Ugthanki Kebab
- Using water sources - an empty vial, bucket, jug, bowl, or (Blessed)Golden Bowl appears after it is used on the water source
- Getting sand - an empty bucket appears after it is used on the Sand pit
- Opening doors:
- Using Jail keys on a door in the Taverley dungeon jail
- Using Brass key on the door to access or leave the shortcut to the Edgeville dungeon
- Using Dusty Key on the door to access or leave the Blue Dragon area in Taverley dungeon
- Using Closet Key on the closet door at Draynor Manor, during Ernest the Chicken quest
- Using Miscellaneous key on the door, where Phoenix Gang members range Grip during Hero's Quest
- Using key on the door of Phoenix Gang's weapon store building
- Using the Shiny Key on the door to access or leave the building in McGrubor's Wood that has a ladder leading to the Temple of Ikov Dungeon.
- Pulling a Christmas cracker
- Repairing a cannon during Dwarf Cannon using the toolkit
- Giving Brother Cedric a Bucket of water
- Getting tackled, or tackling during Gnome Ball (minigame) by a Gnome Baller
(This list is incomplete, you can help by expanding it.)
- Mining Blurite ore does not produce the mining bubble.
- Fishing Giant Carp does not produce the fishing bubble.
- Using a Rock pick at the incorrect digging site will not give a bubble.
- When moulding soft clay or smithing with Doric's anvil, the bubble appears before the player selects what to make.
- Cutting an opal is the only gem that produces a chisel bubble. None of the other precious or regular gems produce it.
- The only bubbles that appear for Herblaw are for quest related items.
- Actions that require distinct elements in the player's inventory will show the bubble of the first item used, for instance if making steel bars and using first iron ore on furnace, the iron bubble will be shown. If making molten glass and soda ash is first used then that will be shown.
- Whilst using bat bones on a Pestle and mortar shows the bones bubbles, using A lump of Charcoal on the pestle and mortar does not follow the same rule and instead the Pestle and mortar bubble is shown.
- As opposed to woodcutting showing the axe that was used, when mining only one pickaxe bubble is shown, not depending on the pickaxe used. This was since variations of pickaxes came after bubbles were implemented.
- Drinking or making gnome cocktails will not produce a bubbles.
- Swapping the order for the items used at each step of the Ogre potion changes the skilling bubble. The same, however, does not hold for the Explosive compound.
- RuneScape 3 features a discontinued piece of content which is a reference to the skilling bubbles in Classic 
- RuneScape 3's classic cape used to produce the Rune bar, Rune axe (hatchet), and Rune arrows (nonexistent bubble in classic). This was later changed to produce only the hatchet bubble.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.