For information on training this skill, see Cooking training.
Cooking allows players to cook raw food into cooked food. First, a player needs a raw food item and a fire or range to cook it on. Raw food can be obtained from the fishing skill as well as the remains dropped from various monsters. There is a slight possibility that players can burn the food, in which it becomes useless to eat. It should also be noted that ranges have less of a chance of burning food, and the Lumbridge Castle range has even less of a chance of burning food which can be used by the player after completion of the Cook's Assistant quest. Additionally, the higher a player's Cooking level is, the lower of a chance there is of burning food.
Various food items are able to heal different amounts. Some can heal a little amount, while others can heal a player by a large amount (up to 21 hits). Generally, the higher the cooking level required to cook an item, the more it heals.
Different types of food can be made with the cooking skill:
|... and others|
Additionally, there are several different kinds of gnomish recipes which are possible for the player to make:
Starting out as a slow skill, Cooking becomes one of the quickest to level when failure rates decrease. It is easily trained alongside Fishing. At lower levels, food has a high chance of burning, and progressively lowers depending on the player's Cooking level. Burnt food is usually discarded, as it bears no monetary benefits nor usefulness. Upon completion of the Family Crest quest, you may obtain Gauntlets of Cooking. Wearing them while Cooking will reduce the chance of burning fish. The effect is approximately equal to Cooking level boost of 9.
Level to Stop Burning Fish Edit
|Image||Name||Lvl to Cook||With fire||With range||With gauntlets||Experience|
- Cook's Assistant - $ XP = Level ∗ 50 + 250 $
- Gertrude's Cat - $ XP = Level ∗ 45 + 175 $
- Family Crest - Optionally rewards the player the Gauntlets of cooking, which greatly increases cooking success rates
- Fishing Contest - A new type of fish: Giant Carp
- Hero's Quest - $ XP = Level ∗ 50 + 75 $, and also teaches the player how to fish and cook Lava eels
- Legend's Quest - Teaches the player how to prepare Cooked Oomlie meat Parcels
- The player "Tks" was first to achieve level 99 in the Cooking skill
- Cooks' guild
- Gnome cooking
- Cooking training
- Website update notes