Dug up soil is a piece of scenery found in the jail on the second level of the Underground Pass. There are two slaves and a crate in the jail. Railings must be picklocked to enter the jail, although an actual lockpick is unnecessary.
The soil can be searched:
- under the soil is a tunnel
- would you like to enter?
- no, im[sic] scared of small spaces / yep, let's do it
- you climb into the small tunnel
- and crawl into a small dark passage
Attempting to use a spade on the soil before it is soft enough will generate the message:
- "you dig the soil The ground is rather hard"
After you soften the soil enough, when you use a spade on it you will receive the message:
- "you dig deep into the soft soil
- Suddenly it crumbles away you fall through and land in the sewer
- Edmond follows you down the hole"