|Name: Dwarf Cannon|
|Release date: 27 May 2003 (Update)|
|Start: Speak with the Dwarf commander, who is found south of the Coal Trucks.|
|Items needed: None|
|Monsters to defeat: None|
- To start this quest, speak to the dwarf commander (north of the Fishing Guild) and he will tell the player that he needs a extra pair of hands to fix the fence to stop the goblins. Agree to help.
- Once you start, take the railings with you and search the fence in the front of the Coal Trucks to fix the broken rails. You are given 6 railings, so find the 6 spots in the fence by right-clicking and selecting "search" on each piece of fence (1 per tile).
- If you fail to replace a railing, you will be hit for 2-3 damage. After repaired all 6 railings, return to the dwarf commander.
Trouble with goblins
- Talk to the commander again and go south to find a wooden watch tower, located west of the Fishing Guild.
- Go up the ladder and pick up the dwarf remains that respawn there.
- Once again, go back to the dwarf commander and talk to him. He will tell you to find a boy (Lollk) that was captured by the goblins.
- Next, walk around the Fishing Guild and follow the goblin foot prints. which will lead you to Goblin Cave on the eastern side of the guild. Enter the cave entrance and you should see some goblins, rats, and a couple of bats.
- Take the middle passage to the north-west corner to avoid a longer walk (providing the rats don't attack you).
- You should end up in a room with many goblins and crates on the sides of the cave walls. Search the crates until you find Lollk.
- Note that you will sometimes be attacked by a goblin each time you search a crate.
- Go back to the dwarf commander and he asks you to fix the multicannon. He gives you a tool kit.
- Go to the small house next to the commander and inspect the cannon. You need to fix the pipe, barrel, axle, and shaft.
- Fixing them may depend on your Crafting or possibly Smithing level, and lower levels will struggle, but eventually will succeed.
- At around level 74 Crafting and level 67 Smithing, it is possible to fix each of the cannon's components in one attempt.
- After fixing all the parts, inspect the cannon once more and then go speak with the commander.
- The dwarf commander will tell you to visit the Dwarf Cannon engineer. He is located within the fenced area of the dwarven encampment on the south ridge of Ice Mountain. Access the fenced area through the building nearby.
- Talk to the engineer and he will give you Nulodion's notes and a cannon ammo mould.
- Take them and go back to the dwarf commander.
- Congratulations! Quest complete!
- 1 Quest Point
- Crafting experience:
- 300 XP at level 1 (instantly reach level 4)
- 5,200 XP at level 99
- Ability to buy a dwarf cannon for 750k coins.
- Warranty included: if the cannon is ever lost or stolen, you're able to get a new one for free.
- Ability to make cannon balls with steel bars — requires level 30 Smithing.
- You do not need to repair the fence. If you drop all the railings and talk to the Dwarf commander, the quest will continue.
- Even if you have repaired a part of the cannon, inspecting it will still say everything "seems to be damaged".
- Each damaged component of the cannon you repair yields 1.25 Crafting XP.