Evil trees (simply called Tree in game) are scenery that can damage approaching players. They are almost indistinguishable from normal, unhealthy-looking trees. However, they have a left-click "approach" option and the option to "search" rather than "chop". They cannot be attacked or chopped using the Woodcutting skill.
Choosing either option on the tree causes it to damage the player. For each attack, they do damage equal to 20% of players remaining Hits, rounded down. As a result, they can lower a player's Hits down to 4 and cannot kill the player.
- Draynor Manor, inside the fence
- West Ardougne, near the Underground Pass entrance
- Chaos Dwarf mine, level 35 Wilderness
Player uses "Approach" or "Search" options on the tree
- [The tree seems to lash out at you!]
- [You are badly scratched by the tree] [sic]
- (The player receives 0-19 damage based on their remaining Hits.)
- In RuneScape 2, the tree can automatically attack a player standing nearby.