Firemaking in RuneScape Classic is quite different than in RuneScape 2. The player is only able to burn normal logs, which give more experience per log as your level increases. The experience yielded from lighting these logs is determined by the following formula:
$ XP = Level \times 1.75 + 25 $
The player will need to light 73,490 fires to go from level 1 to 99 Firemaking. Normal trees take about 40-50 seconds to respawn. The player can chop 33 logs but only light 32 fires before reaching 100% fatigue.
- Rune Axe recommended from the start as there is no Woodcutting requirement
- Tinderbox in the top-right inventory slot for quick access from the menu
- Full remaining inventory of logs, tinderboxes, or basically anything
- If you have a full inventory and then cut a tree, the log will drop straight to the ground, thus saving the player the step of doing it themselves. Therefore, it is recommended to cut trees with a full inventory and light the dropped logs as soon as they fall to the ground.
It is highly recommended to train in the forest between Draynor Village and Lumbridge. This is due to the fact that there is a large number of trees to cut down, and a large empty space to light the logs to make fires with.
Another option is the forest east of Edgeville. There are also plenty of trees and empty space here, but it should only be used if Draynor-Lumbridge is populated.
The goal is to find a place where you can get a good rhythm of chopping a tree, having it automatically drop to your feet, burning it, and clicking to chop another tree nearby. If you can find a continuous path where the trees are close by, but aren't so close that a log drops on an existing fire, and you're never waiting for a tree to respawn, you're in a good place.
- Towards level 99, it is possible to gain between 95,000105,000 Firemaking experience per hour.
- On average, it takes approximately 7.5 seconds to light a fire when you are chopping your own logs. This means that from level 1 to 99 Firemaking, on average, you'll gain roughly 85,000 experience per hour. After level 92, you'll earn more than this each hour since level 92 is about half the experience to 99.
- Using the above experience rate, it will take the player around 153 hours to reach level 99 Firemaking, starting from level 1.
- If the player chops their own logs, they'll earn 1,837,250 Woodcutting experience in that time, going from level 1 to 79.
- Unhealthy-looking trees do not have left-click "chop" options and should be avoided.
- If level 100 Firemaking were possible in RSC, it would yield an even 200 experience per log.