For information on training this skill, see Fishing training.
Head to Gerrant's Fishy Business in Port Sarim or Harry's Fishing Shack in Catherby to buy some equipment. After you have a fishing item you need to find areas where you can fish. On the world map, areas with a red fish means it's a fishing spot. You can use the cooking skill to cook your fish or you could simply sell them to players raw or to the general store.
To fish in RuneScape Classic you will need a tool with which to fish. Fishing tools can be purchased at fishing shops found in Port Sarim and Catherby. Oily Fishing Rod is only obtainable during Hero's Quest.
|Fishing rod||5||5 coins|
|Red vine worms||10 (+ rod)||None|
|Big Net||16||20 coins|
|Fly fishing rod||20||5 coins|
|Lobster pot||40||20 coins|
|Fishing bait||5 (+ rod)||3 coins|
|Feathers||20 (+ Fly fishing rod)||4 coins|
|Oily Fishing Rod||53 (+ Fishing bait)||N/A|
There are many different types of fish that can be caught throughout RuneScape Classic. When a player catches a fish, it will come in raw form which must be cooked before it can be used as food to restore Hits.
|Shrimp||1||Small fishing net||10||160 (0.2133%)|
|Sardine||5||Fishing rod + bait (sea)||20||320 (0.4266%)|
|Herring||10||Fishing rod + bait (sea)||30||480 (0.64%)|
|Giant Carp||10||Fishing rod + Red vine worms (Hemenster)||0||0 (0%)|
|Anchovies||15||Small fishing net||40||640 (0.8533%)|
|Mackerel||16||Big fishing net||20||320 (0.4266%)|
|Trout||20||Fly fishing rod + feathers||50||800 (1.0667%)|
|Cod||23||Big fishing net||45||720 (0.96%)|
|Pike||25||Fishing rod + bait (river)||60||960 (1.28%)|
|Salmon||30||Fly fishing rod + feathers||70||1120 (1.4933%)|
|Lobster||40||Lobster Pot||90||1440 (1.92%)|
|Bass||46||Big fishing net||100||1600 (2.133%)|
|Lava eel||53||Oily fishing rod||90||1440 (1.92%)|
|Sea turtle||79||See: Fishing Trawler||95||1520 (2.0266%)|
|Manta ray||81||See: Fishing Trawler||115||1840 (2.4533%)|
- The sea turtle and manta ray can only be caught on the fishing trawler minigame.
While fishing with big nets you will occasionally catch things other than fish like the following:
See: Fishing spot for more details on the types of fishing spots
Net / BaitEdit
Lure / BaitEdit
- Bandit Camp, Wilderness
- Barbarian Village
- Fisher King Realm
- Gnome Stronghold
- Karamja south of Tai Bwo Wannai
- Along the Baxtorian Falls river north of East Ardougne
- Shilo Village
Harpoon / CageEdit
Big Net / HarpoonEdit
- Lava fishing spot in Taverley dungeon for Raw lava eels
- Bait fishing spot in Hemenster for Raw giant carps (only possible whilst player has not finished the Fishing Contest quest and drops their Hemenster fishing trophy)
- Fishing Contest
- If Level < 24 - $ (Level - 10) * 75 + 975 $
- If Level ≥ 24 - $ (Level - 24) * 75 + 2225 $
- Hero's Quest - $ level * 50 + 75 $
- Sea Slug - $ 175 + 200 * level $
- When doing Big Net fishing and the player has a fishing level below 46 (to be able to catch Bass) messages for fail catches are not given. They begin to appear on level 46.
- Tks was the first to gain mastery in fishing.
- Before a hidden update on 27 February 2002 players had to do fishing with right click.