A glitch is a flaw/unintended effect within a game. RuneScape Classic has seen many glitches; here is a page where they are documented.
- Main article: Knife Glitch
Great Party Hat "Dupe"
- Main article: Great Party Hat Dupe
Packet Construction Glitches
With the use of packet construction through AutoRune, not only were items created, but people could also:
- Attack and kill themselves in the Wilderness
- Make themselves invisible at the Make over mage
- Attack any non-player character
- Cast Spells without runes or a target
A flaw during server maintenance caused all Beds and Sleeping Bags to not work in all non=veteran servers. It was fixed shortly before the second reopening.
Infinite Zombie Spawn
Normally, a Necromancer would only spawn 7 zombies. But if a player kills the second Necromancer without killing the spawns, then the first Necromancer will be able to summon 7 more until the player stops doing so.
The death bug is a humorous, but sadly useless glitch in which a player dies from poison while interacting with an NPC/Object. If timed correctly, the player would die and the options to continue an interaction/conversation would persist. Known effects include:
- Forced teleportation
- Bank in wrong location
- Complete Quests in wrong locations
- Store interface at wrong location
- Clone certain NPC's
Gnome Ball Smuggle
- Merlin stays trapped in the Giant crystal even after the Merlin's Crystal
- Sinclair Mansion roof stays hidden even when player is outside the mansion between hedges
- The game contains too many spelling errors to list.
Removing objects with Charge
By casting the charge spell while standing on the root position of a piece of scenery (its cyan dot on the mini-map), it is possible to remove the object. This can be done with signs, ferns, doors which take up more than one tile, and probably some other objects. This can be fixed by logging out and in.