A glitch is a flaw/unintended effect within a game. RuneScape Classic has seen many glitches; here is a page where they are documented.
- Main article: Knife Glitch
Great Party Hat "Dupe"
- Main article: Great Party Hat Dupe
Packet Construction Glitches
With the use of packet construction through AutoRune, not only were items created, but people could also:
- Attack and kill themselves in the Wilderness
- Make themselves invisible at the Make over mage
- Attack any non-player character
- Cast Spells without runes or a target
A flaw during server maintenance caused all Beds and Sleeping Bags to not work in all non=veteran servers. It was fixed shortly before the second reopening.
Max Cash locking out accounts
Players who gained over the maximum 32-bit integer limit (2,147,483,647) coins would be disconnected from the game and unable to login. Anyone who deposited over said limit into the bank found themselves unable to open their banks as they would immediately disconnect. It was finally patched on 16 February 2015. Any coins deposited over the limit now simply vanishes.
Infinite Zombie Spawn
Normally, a Necromancer would only spawn 7 zombies. But if a player kills the second Necromancer without killing the spawns, then the first Necromancer will be able to summon 7 more until the player stops doing so.
The death bug is a humorous, but useless glitch in which a player dies from poison while interacting with an NPC/Object. If timed correctly, the player would die and the options to continue an interaction/conversation would persist. Known effects include:
- Forced teleportation
- Bank in wrong location
- Complete Quests in wrong locations
- Store interface at wrong location
- Clone certain NPC's
Gnome Ball Smuggle
- Merlin stays trapped in the Giant crystal even after the Merlin's Crystal
- Sinclair Mansion roof stays hidden even when player is outside the mansion between hedges
- The game contains too many spelling errors to list.
- Certain guards such as the ones near Fight Arena can be pickpocketed despite lacking said option.
- Experience is sometimes spontaneously rewarded to players when moving to certain areas. Usually combat.
- False (and old) death message is displayed even though player has not died
- A trade screen appears out of nowhere and player is shown to be trading with null
- Actions involving heavy clicking sometimes mess up, causing the game to not respond along with the following:
- Add random names to friends/ignore list
- Turn prayers on/off
- Move to random squares
- Drop random items
- Shows the makeover mage interface (won't actually allow you to edit character)
Removing objects with Charge
By casting the charge spell while standing on the root position of a piece of scenery (its cyan dot on the mini-map), it is possible to remove the object. This can be done with signs, ferns, doors which take up more than one tile, and probably some other objects. This can be fixed by logging out and in.