|Name: Grand tree|
|Release date: 12 December 2002 (Update)|
|Start: Talk to King Narnode Shareen in the Grand Tree.|
|Requirements: Agility level 25|
|Monsters to defeat: Black demon (level 175)|
- Speak to King Narnode Shareen who is found in the large tree in the center northern area of the Stronghold
- He will tell you that the tree seems to be dying.
- He will give you a Bark sample and Tree gnome translation book and tell you to visit Hazelmere.
- Hazelmere is located east of Yanille, across a bridge
- (Caution: his island is infested with aggressive, non-poisonous level-47 jungle spiders)
- Hazelmere's words will not be coherent to the player.
- After translating what he says via the book (this is not actually necessary, as the answers are below), the player will need to repeat the message to the King back at the Stronghold.
- The message from Hazelmere says:
human came with kings seal gave human daconia rock daconia rocks will kill tree
- The king will tell you to speak to Glough, the chief guardian. He is found up a ladder northwest of the stronghold spirit tree.
- A sign near the ladder reads: Home of the Head tree guardian
- Glough will blame humans for the problems with the tree.
- Return to the King at the base of the Grand Tree.
- A human has been caught with the daconia rock and you must interrogate him.
- Charlie, located at the top of the Grand Tree, tells you that Glough paid him to carry the letter to Hazelmere and transfer the rocks.
- Now return to Glough's home. Search the cupboard and the player will find Gloughs journal.
- Speak to Glough and you will be put in the cage.
- After talking with Charlie and learning the password to the ship yard, the king will free you and offer his glider service for you to escape.
- Activate the Glider at the top of the tree, just south of Charlie.
- During your flight the glider will crash on Karamja island.
- Head east of the crash site to the ship yard.
- Enter the ship yard with the password: ka-lu-min
- Talk to the Shipyard foreman on the docks.
- The Shipyard foreman will question you about Glough, the answers are:
his wife is no longer with us He loves worm holes Anita
- Alternatively, you can answer incorrectly and kill the foreman to obtain the invoice.
Returning to the Grand Tree
- Go back to the Tree Gnome Stronghold and you won't be able to enter the gate.
- Speak to Femi to the left of the gate in order to sneak in. Return to the king and he will not believe you.
- Speak to Charlie in the jail at the top of the tree.
- He will tell you to speak to Anita, who is found in the most eastern tree house in the northwest corner of the stronghold.
- Speak to her to obtain Glough's key.
- Go to Glough's house and use the key on the chest to get another Tree gnome translation book and Glough's notes.
- Take the items to the king.
- The king will still not trust your "proof" and will give you four pebbles found in Glough's possession.
- Take these stones to the Watch tower above Glough's house and use the stones on the stone stand.
- The order from left to right is ho-ni-:::-ha which spells "open".
|Before continuing, prepare to fight a level 175 Black demon.|
- After preparing for the fight, return to the watch tower above Glough's house, and press down on the stone stand and select the climb option to go underground.
- Glough will now summon a black demon to attack you. Kill the demon before it disappears (4:10 minutes or 250 seconds)
- After the demon is killed, find the King north in the tunnel.
- (Note: You will only be able to talk to the king in the tunnel; back in the tree he will not speak to you.)
- After some conversation, you will be prompted to look for the daconia rock. It is located by searching the roots southwest of the king.
- Return to the king with the stone.
- Congratulations, quest complete!
- 5 Quest Points
- Agility experience: $ Level \times 300 + 400 $
- Attack experience: $ Level \times 300 + 400 $
- 700 XP at level 1 (instantly reach level 7)
- 7,900 XP at level 25 (instantly reach level 31)
- 30,100 XP at level 99
- Magic experience: $ Level \times 50 + 150 $
- 200 XP at level 1 (instantly reach level 3)
- 5,100 XP at level 99
- Access to the gnome gliders
- Access to the Grand Tree mine
- Access to the Spirit Tree located at the Grand Tree
- While there is a warrant out for your arrest, you cannot leave via the Gnome stronghold gate. However, if you leave through any other method, you can simply walk through the gates, entering into the stronghold without any difficulty. At least, until you get the invoice from the Shipyard foreman.
- While talking with the Shipyard foreman, he reveals that the plan is "take over RuneScape". In RS2, the world is later referred to as Gielinor.
- After players get the invoice, they are stopped from entering the Gnome stronghold gate. However, they may freely leave through them.
- Players gain 7.5 Agility XP and 0.13% fatigue every time they climb up Glough's watchtower.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.