Individuals who practice macroing may be known botters, macroers or autoers, and a player character being controlled by a macro is referred to as either a macro or a bot. Jagex considers this a serious violation of RuneScape Classic rules which resulted in several mass bannings. These third party programs often control the players account while he or she is away from the keyboard, allowing the player to gain experience. Sometimes, bots are used for gold farming and real world trading which is another violation of the rules.
- Macroers often move with inhuman speed on exact intervals, following the same paths and steps and usually at the same times
- Most active bot accounts will not talk or respond
- Some bots may be using methods to auto-talk
- Some macroers may be active on their account while it bots, and could respond
- Keep in mind that not all players suspected of botting are guilty, sometimes the player is shy or is very busy skilling.
- It is possible to prevent some bots from performing their function by tricking or disabling some aspect of the script it is running, often causing them to have to be manually reconfigured by the human player.
- Relevant website updates
- On July 7th, 2016, a popular macro program for RuneScape Classic was shut down, leading to 0 players on many worlds.
|This article is a stub.|
You can help by expanding it.