Learning skills and professionsEdit
As well as killing monsters, finding treasure, going on quests, etc.. there are several professions you can try. These are often a good way of giving yourself an extra advantage or making some extra cash. We are planning on adding more skills to the game over the coming weeks.
To build a fireEdit
- Buy an axe, and use it on a tree to get some logs.
- It may take a few attempts to chop the tree down.
- Drop the logs on the ground, and use a tinderbox on the logs to light the fire.
- The fire will last several minutes and can be used to cook meat (see below).
- Meat can be obtained by killing certain animals and monsters.
- Use the meat with a fire or a stove to cook it.
- Right click on the meat to eat it, and restore some lost hitpoints.
- You may accidently[ ] burn the meat, but your cooking will improve with practice.
- First you need some grain which can be picked from one of the wheat fields.
- Take the grain to the windmill where you can grind it into flour.
- You will need to use a pot to pick up the flour you have made.
- Buy a bucket or jug, and fill it with water from a sink or fountain.
- Mix the flour and water to make some dough.
- Cook the dough by using it with a stove.
- You may accidently[ ] burn the bread, but your cooking will improve with practice.
- First locate a rocky outcrop, these are scattered at various points in the world.
- Prospect the rock to determine what ore it contains by right clicking on it.
- You will sometimes fail to find any ore in the rock, so examine it a few times.
- If the rock contains no ore you will always fail to find anything.
- Once you have located an ore, use a pickaxe with the rock to extract it.
- Take your ore to the furnace to smelt it into a bar of metal.
- There is a furnace in Lumbridge near the starting point.
- Use copper and tin ore in the furnace to make a bar of bronze.
- Use iron ore in the furnace to make a bar of iron.
- As your smithing skill advances you will be able to smelt several other metals.
Forging weapons and armourEdit
- First you need at least 1 bar of metal and a hammer.
- Go to the forge in Varrock, where there are 2 anvils.
- Use the bar of metal with the anvil to make an item.
- Large items require more than 1 bar of metal.
- To start with you will only be able to make simple items like daggers.
- With practice your ability will advance so you can make more expensive items
- This manual got removed in December 2001, as the Cooking and Smithing manuals got placed in the website.