- First locate a rocky outcrop, these are scattered at various points in the world.
- Prospect the rock to determine what ore it contains by right clicking on it.
- You will sometimes fail to find any ore in the rock, so examine it a few times.
- If the rock contains no ore you will always fail to find anything.
- Once you have located an ore, use a pickaxe with the rock to extract it.
- Take your ore to the furnace to smelt it into a bar of metal.
- There is a furnace in Lumbridge near the starting point.
- Use copper and tin ore in the furnace to make a bar of bronze.
- Use iron ore in the furnace to make a bar of iron.
- As your smithing skill advances you will be able to smelt several other metals.
Forging weapons and armourEdit
- First you need at least 1 bar of metal and a hammer.
- Go to the forge in Varrock, where there are 2 anvils.
- Use the bar of metal with the anvil to make an item.
- Large items require more than 1 bar of metal.
- To start with you will only be able to make simple items like daggers.
- With practice your ability will advance so you can make more expensive items.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.