There is not much of a market for bones in RuneScape Classic (although you can occasionally buy dragon bone certs), so to train prayer you will either have to kill monsters yourself, bury bones that respawn on the ground, or bury bones left behind by other players. As the market for bones is minimal, dragon bone certs are usually extremely expensive and in great demand.
Burying bones left behind by other players Edit
This is NOT a reliable method, and can only really be depended on at all shortly after a server reopening, when you will usually find players killing chickens, goblins and cows around Lumbridge. They will often leave behind bones which you can pick up and bury for 3.75xp each.
Burying bones that respawn on the ground Edit
- There are some big bones and multiple regular bones respawns in the Bone Yard in the Wilderness, east of the ruins. However, beware that there are aggressive skeletons in the area and you may also be attacked by other players. There's also some bone respawns at the altar surrounded by lava which is located south-west of the Battle field mine.
- Fight Arena offers 13 bone spawns and players can achieve around 3.5k prayer xp an hour there. The arena has the added bonus of have no monsters in it as well as not being in the Wilderness. Players need not finish the quest to access it or kill any monsters.
Burying bones of monsters you kill Edit
Low combat Edit
Low level players may want to bury normal bones that are equal to 3.75 xp when buried:
- Chicken at various locations around RuneScape.
- Cows in the field east of Lumbridge
- Gnome troops in the battle field
Really anything that you can kill fast and has a large number. If you can kill things that drop big bones move onto them and skip these.
Medium combat Edit
These drop big bones that yield 12.5 xp each:
High Combat Edit
High level players may want to kill dragons that drop Dragon Bones. Each bones give 60 xp each.
Buying Dragonbone Certificates Edit
- Burying certed dragon bones at Yanille can yield up to (105k ± 5k) prayer experience per hour if trained efficiently