There are very few policies which apply across all Wikia. These can be found on the Central Wikia at Wikia:Category:Policy.
Other policies for this Wikia should be decided by the wiki community. It's generally best to keep policies as simple as possible, and not to introduce too many rules. A growing wiki can usually do well with a few simple policies and a lot of goodwill and cooperation.
The following are policies of the RuneScape Classic Wiki
- All editors are equal - An editor's status, popularity, or in-game experience does not affect how they are treated and how their opinion is "weighed" in a discussion.
- All human - All humans make mistakes, and we are all human.
- Assume good faith - Unless there is conclusive evidence to the contrary, always assume that an editor's actions were an attempt to improve the wiki.
- Don't delete discussions - Don't delete previous discussions.
- Don't edit userpages - Please don't edit others userpages.
- Gaming the system - Use common sense. Don't interpret policies and editors word-for-word.
- Ignore all rules - Common sense takes precedence over any policy. Be reasonable.
- Image Policy - PNG is the preferred format; Only 2 personal images are allowed.
- Neutral point of view - Articles should be written about facts, not personal opinions.
- Not RuneScape - This wiki is about RuneScape Classic, not RuneScape 2.
- Protected page - Admins can protect specific pages to prevent further vandalism
- Rules for Editing Highscores - Always assume good faith when editing highscores.
- Talk Page Guidelines - Talk pages are used to communicate between users, either about the article, or recent edits made by a user.
- Three-revert rule - Explain the changes you make in the edit summary, use the corresponding talk page, and don't fight with others.
- User block policy - Admins can block users for vandalism or other inappropriate behavior.
- User treatment policy - Be nice.
- Vandalism - If you see vandalism, please change it back, and report it to an admin at CVU or on the Maple Grove forum
[[Category:Policy]] to any policy pages will add them to the policy category. This is found here.