There are very few policies which apply across all of Wikia/Fandom. These can be found on Community Central.
Other policies for this wiki should be decided by the wiki's community. It's generally best to keep policies as simple as possible, and not to introduce too many rules. A growing wiki can usually do well with a few, simple policies and a lot of goodwill and cooperation.
The following is a summary of policies of the RuneScape Classic Wiki:
- All editors are equal - An editor's status, popularity, or in-game experience does not affect how they are treated and how their opinion is "weighed" in a discussion.
- All human - All humans make mistakes, and we are all human.
- Assume good faith - Unless there is conclusive evidence to the contrary, always assume that an editor's actions were an attempt to improve the wiki.
- Don't delete discussions - Don't delete previous discussions, archive them.
- Don't edit userpages - Please don't edit others userpages.
- Gaming the system - Use common sense. Don't interpret policies and editors word-for-word.
- Ignore all rules - Common sense takes precedence over any policy. Be reasonable.
- Image Policy - PNG is the preferred image format. Only 2 personal images are allowed, or host images externally.
- Neutral point of view - Articles should be written about facts, not personal opinions.
- Not RuneScape - This wiki is about RuneScape Classic, not RuneScape 2, etc. Content should be added from the perspective thereof.
- Private servers - Confine information on private servers to the appropriate sub-page. Don't explicitly advertise them.
- Protected page - Admins can protect specific pages to prevent vandalism.
- Rules for Editing Highscores - Always assume good faith when editing highscores.
- Talk Page Guidelines - Talk pages are used to communicate between users, either about the article, or recent edits made by a user.
- Three-revert rule - Explain the changes you make in the edit summary, use the corresponding talk page, and don't fight with others.
- User block policy - Admins can block users for vandalism or other inappropriate behavior.
- User treatment policy - Be nice.
- Vandalism - If you see vandalism, please change it back, and report it to an admin at CVU or on the Maple Grove forum.
[[Category:Policy]] to any policy page will include it in the policy category.