Although we do not want vandalism on the Wiki, it can and will occasionally happen. It might be a bit hard to decide what counts as vandalism sometimes, and some people's definition of vandalism might be a whole lot different than another. These rules are a general acceptance for vandalism.
What is vandalism
- Using harsh language that does not contribute to the article.
- Using personal attacks on another user.
- Blanking pages.
- Adding a lot of nonsense to a page.
- Repeated offenses of minor offenses
What isn't vandalism
Sometimes, a small warning is necessary for a user to prevent repeat offenses. Some of the situations that a warning is needed can be found below, and how to solve the issue.
- Removing a small amount of information. *Can be talked about on the talk page*
- Adding a small bit of nonsense to a page. *Warning on user talk page*
- Incorrectly adding information. *Can just be undone, user might be informed of wrong information*
- Adding minor language to articles. *Article can be rewritten to remove language if it isn't needed. Otherwise, leave it be. No warning*
Although all of these cases fall under non-vandalism, a user can still be blocked if repeated offenses happen, after a warning occurs.
What to do
What should one's actions be when a vandal occurs? If a non-sysop user catches a vandal first, the user should notify an admin or bureaucrat of the vandal. If a sysop undid the vandal, or has been notified of the vandal, they should block the user, the length is decided by the sysop.