|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||Sheep Shearer|
|Examine||A very wooly sheep|
Sheep are non-player characters in RuneScape Classic that cannot be attacked. They produce wool by using shears on them. No experience is gained by doing so. Sheep never run out of wool, thus a player can gather wool from the same sheep continuously. If you fail to shear a sheep, you will receive a message saying:
The sheep manages to get away from you!
- North of Ardougne (5 spawns)
- North of the Crafting Guild (3 spawns)
- North Lumbridge (15 spawns)
- Zanaris (2 spawns)
- Like many monsters in RSC, sheep have a "Talk-to" option, but doing so gives a message saying The Sheep does not appear interested in talking
- Unlike in RuneScape 2, the sheep in RSC don't run from the player when they fail to be sheared.
- The sheep models originated from the development of DeviousMUD.