|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Quest item||Yes - Demon Slayer|
|Shop price||75gp - Legends' Guild Shop|
|Sale price||25gp - Legends' Guild Shop|
|Examine||A magic sword|
Silverlight is a magical sword that has increased power against demons. This sword is obtained during the Demon Slayer quest, and it has a similar appearance to a steel long sword. Although Silverlight significantly boosts WeaponPower while fighting demons, it has a low WeaponAim. Thus, this sword is rarely used after the completion of Demon Slayer because many players can use more powerful weapons for combat. If Silverlight is equipped when attacking a demon, the demon's combat stats will be temporarily reduced, even if you then switch to a different weapon. Silverlight will NOT have this effect if you start using it in the middle of a fight. Silverlight is often used by Tank Mages training their level in Defense, as it has no Attack requirement to wield and gives good offensive stats compared to other one-handed iron weapons.
- During the Demon Slayer quest, loss of this sword does not require a payment. However, you will have to re-obtain all 3 keys again.
- You may use the drop trick to repeat the process of getting another sword.
A player wielding Silverlight
- This sword has the exact same WeaponAim and WeaponPower as the Faladian Knight's Sword
- Silverlight is often considered useful for players doing Legends' Quest, as it immensely weakens Nezikchened.
- While fighting demons, Silverlight has WeaponPower similar to that of a runite long sword.
- Silverlight cannot be created using the Smithing skill. Contrary to various rumours, it is impossible to create this weapon from Silver, despite the prefix in the sword's name.
- Upon the conversion to RuneScape 2, the sword was given a significant Strength and Attack bonus increase.
- Silverlight has similar stats to the Faladian sword, a weapon also obtained from a quest.
- Silverlight was once two-handed, but was changed to its current state.
- Excluding Excalibur, Silverlight is the only weapon in RuneScape Classic with a name rather than a description of the weapon and the type of the weapon.
See also Edit
- System/chat messages of Silverlight in use