|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Quest item||Yes - Demon Slayer|
|Shop price||75gp - Legends' Guild Shop|
|Sale price||25gp - Legends' Guild Shop|
|Examine||A magic sword|
It has a similar appearance to a steel long sword. Although Silverlight significantly boosts WeaponPower while fighting demons, it has a low WeaponAim. Thus, this sword is rarely used after the completion of the quest because many players can use more powerful weapons for combat. If Silverlight is equipped when first attacking a demon, the demon's combat stats will be temporarily reduced, even if you then switch to a different weapon. Silverlight will NOT have this effect if you start using it in the middle of a fight.
A player wielding Silverlight
- During the Demon Slayer quest, loss of this sword does not require a payment. However, you will have to re-obtain all 3 keys again.
- After completion of the Legends' Quest, it is available for purchase from the Legends' Guild Shop.
- You may use the drop trick to repeat the process of getting another sword.
- It is also tradeable, meaning that if you lose it post-quest, a fellow player can help you re-obtain it.
- This sword has the exact same WeaponAim and WeaponPower as the Faladian Knight's sword
- Silverlight is often considered useful for players doing Legends' Quest, as it immensely weakens Nezikchened.
- While fighting demons, Silverlight has WeaponPower similar to that of a rune long sword.
- Silverlight cannot be created using the Smithing skill. Contrary to various rumours, it is impossible to create this weapon from silver, despite the prefix in the sword's name.
- Upon the conversion to RuneScape 2, the sword was given a significant Strength and Attack bonus increase.
- Silverlight was once two-handed, but was changed to its current state.
- Excalibur and Silverlight are the only weapons in RuneScape Classic whose names don't include descriptions of the type of weapon they are.
- Delrith/Dialogue - Game messages of Silverlight in use