The Zanash dungeon (aka. Witchaven dungeon) is a dungeon found east of East Ardougne. A ladder leading down, encircled with archway and pillar scenery objects serve as the entrance to the dungeon. In the Tourist guide (book), the pillars are described as "the pillars of Zanash". The player is sent here to find "perfect" gold by Boot the Dwarf during the Family Crest quest.
Opening the gate
There are levers in the dungeon very much like those found in the Ernest the Chicken quest. This puzzle will open a door which leads to a room which contains a hellhound and special rocks which can be mined for the "perfect" gold ore that Avan asks for during the Family Crest quest.
- Go down the ladder, pass the level 48 hobgoblins.
- Enter the northern cave-like room. Pull the lever down on the north wall, where you will see a level 58 ogre.
- Go to the south wall, where there are two doors. Enter the room, pull the lever down.
- Go back to north wall and pull the lever up.
- Enter the north room and pull the lever down.
- Exit the room and pull the lever on the wall down again.
- Go to the south room and pull the lever up.
You will then be able to enter the caged area between the rooms, where you should mine at least 2 gold ores.